The process of Electron-beam curing presents many opportunities in the aerospace market consisting of both manufacturing and repair of composite and metal bonded structures. Some examples include flight control surfaces, fairing panels, engine cowls, duct work and interior passenger and cargo compartment floor panels.
Electron beam processing has been employed to impart a variety of commercially valuable physical property enhancements to many arms of industrial applications in the aerospace and military products. This process, known as crosslinking, increases the molecular weight of the polymer. Typical improvements can include increased tensile strength, increased impact strength, increased heat deflection and increased solder iron resistance. Electron beam is thus a proven means for improving the performance properties of thermoplastics, elastomers, and other materials, thereby extending their usability and life.
The team at Iotron is dedicated to the commitment of the Military Defense and Aerospace industry to ensure that you have access to the best technologies in order that your composite parts can be manufactured or repaired with the highest precision and confidence.
- New & replacement composite parts and assemblies
- Composite part repairs
- Composite tooling and parts for retro-fit applications
- Low-cost prototype tooling
- Metal-to-composite bonded parts and assemblies
- A wide selection of polymers and elastomers
- Rubber based products: Natural, Styrene Butadiene Rubber (SBR), Ethylene Propylene Rubber (EPR)
- Semiconductors and diodes
For more information about how Electron Beam processing can benefit your Aerospace & Defense products, please contact us. Our team of experts is ready to work with you.